Sunday, March 10, 2019

MINATURES ON A GRID: BAROQUE BATTLES PUBLISHED

I am pleased to announce, dear readers, that I have completed the rules and associated materials for my Thirty Years War based miniatures on a grid system Baroque Battles. The whole shebang can be had on the updated Miniatures on a Grid content page of this blog. Completing this project ranks up there with finishing off that long anticipated last unit in a major wargame army.
For those just arriving, this is a system that I've been using to run games for the last decade or so. The complete system is posted for download on the above-mentioned content page, so I won't repeat all of that here. For those looking for a description of the game, I recommend reading my introduction to the rules (okay, there is one link in this post, but it has context!).
In this post, I'll give some sneek peeks into what is available in the package, aside from the rules and player reference sheets (as usual, you may clix pix for Big Pix)...
Information on how I configured my miniatures (6mm figs).

A complete sets of cards to support play, two samples of which are above (a sheet of Commanders and a Sheet of Tactical Cards).


Two Scenarios: Lutzen (pictured above) and a generic "tournament" style scenario.

A complete set of desktop publishable paper "miniatures"--for a quick start or for "board game" style play in smaller spaces (or both!).  


A tutorial on making the gridded game mat.



A set of handy game markers

Even graphics for the card back patterns (for those who really want the full experience)

And some other stuff, I'm sure.

This is what I've been grinding away at for the last few weeks and something that I've wanted to get done for some time. Getting this heavy-duty project done marks the first step towards the emphasis for this year, completing this and other partially done projects on this page. I hope that it will be of interest.  

At this point, dear reader, I redirect your attention to the Miniatures on a Grid Content page to find all the components.
Excelsior!

14 comments:

  1. Looks interesting, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jack. Happy to get them out there.

      Delete
  2. A very interesting game system. You really ought to publish it; I'm sure that people would be willing to pay money to own a copy.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob. First, I'll see if I can give them away :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Great game to play and now you are sharing with more gamers! Very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark. I hope to bring the Eastern Renaissance version to a club night soon.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on finishing this large project. It’s an achievement and one to be proud of. Great job! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankee, Stew. Quite different than finishing off a pile of lead, but another aspect of the hobby (for me).

      Delete
  5. Well done! Great to complete a project! I will pop over and check it out it sounds very interesting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. Hope you find something of interest and/or use.

      Delete
  6. This looks very interesting and delivered to a very high standard. Congratulations on getting this partial project into the "Completed" column. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonathan--always pushing that fine line between "high standard" and "overdone" :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...