Wednesday, April 26, 2017

MORE HUNGARIANS IN THE PIPELINE

I recently received news that the next two figs that I commissioned with Steve Barber were done. I can't take any credit for the excellence of the product, but I can at least take some pleasure in sharing the news!  Above, you will see a variant on the Hungarian/Honved infantry in marching uniform and shako--now there will be infantry in kepis, too. Many of the Honved units wore the kepi, and some, like the "red cap" and "white cap" battalions, wore distinctive colors (watch for them on this blog once these figures are available!).
I also wanted some variety in the foot officers, so I asked Steve to modify the officer to have him advancing with sword in hand.
These will expand the current Hungarian Infantry and Officer figures (above).  Once these are in production, I (and others) should be able to have a really varied and even more colorful Hungarian infantry contingent. The next commission Steve is working on from me is a mounted officer that will add a higher command element to the range.   I know of some other items in the pipeline that were commissioned by others, like the Honved Artillery that was done in the Fall of 2016.  Once Steve is able to put these all into production, I think the Hungarian range should be a fairly complete line (and I'm thinking of commissioning Hungarian horse artillery, eventually, to add to the range).

15 comments:

  1. Lovely work Ed. Glad to see some additions to the range. I know Steve is working on mine slowly so I expect to hear some news next month. I was planning on doing a mounted officer too. Be interested in hearing all about it through Geoff. I will let Geoff know to chat with you on my commissions and future commissions. To say the least, this period is going to look quite good.

    All the best,

    GH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, GH. I agree that the Hungarians will be very well rounded once all these figures come online. I asked for the mounted officer to be modeled on the illustration on page 53 of the Somogyi book, only with uncovered shako. Should be pretty versatile and also should be a striking fellow, once painted.

      Delete
    2. Great minds think alike! Agree on your observations, should be a striking officer.

      Cheers,

      GH

      Delete
    3. The range is developing well, dont forget that Steve has a Bihar militia fig in kilt

      Delete
    4. In addition, there will be more National Guard miniatures in the future.

      Regards,

      GH

      Delete
    5. I stumbled across a shot of the Bihar militia green somewhere, but wasn't aware of the National Guard. More than I knew!

      I good-naturedly chided Steve for delivering coals to Newcastle by releasing the newest Napoleonics while the rare Hungarians were hanging fire--a point of view that I have the luxury of holding given that I'm not running a business. Anyway, I think if all these new figs come out in a bunch, it will make quite a splash and worth the time!

      Delete
    6. The National Guard will still be a while yet. Other units first. It will be worth the wait in the medium term.

      Ed, what are you using for artillery pieces?

      Delete
    7. Right now, I'm waiting for the Honved artillery that I saw sometime in the fall to be released, so I'm not using anything for guns right now. However, I have some Northstar Austrian 1866 artillery that I am very tempted to use if the delay goes on too much longer--at least for the guns, if not the gunners, just to keep making some progress.

      Delete
    8. Hi Ed, sorry for my tardiness in replying. I see the comment you made on seeing the artillery for the Honved. Was it an actual model? Is this from Steve. The reason i asked is that I said to Steve that I would like to consider having a six pounder made for the Honved.

      All the best,

      GH

      Delete
    9. GH, I don't recall seeing any guns, but I have seen several images of the greens for the Honved artillery crews, most notably on a thread on the Lead Adventure discussion forum (among other places):

      http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=90555.15

      I had just assumed that when they were released that guns would come with the set. Maybe I was mistaken, though.

      Ed

      Delete
    10. Thanks Ed, that does clarify matters. I will look to a commission to have a six pounder made alongside two more crew, nco an a artillerymen holding rammer. There will be a rocket too.

      Later this year I predict, but I suspect more like end of year.

      All the best,

      GH

      Delete
  2. Good looking addition and I really like the conversion of the officer to holding the sword in outstretched hand. Good pose for leading the charge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. For the times when pointing (the current command figure) isn't quite enough!

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking figures, interesting period, that I am studiously ignoring!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Iain, thanks for dropping in.
      Hopefully, we'll be able to provide more material to be ignored in the future :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...