Friday, December 8, 2017

BACK AT THE PAINTING TABLE: WIP, HUNGARIAN/HONVED INFANTRY IN KEPIS AND FUR CAPS


Getting back into the swing of things after a prolonged period of distractions--after receiving the most recent order from Steve Barber Models, I was motivated to clear off the painting desk and get it in shape for operations again. Above, the new figures primed, put on sticks, and in progress (early progress). 

In my previous post, I showcased these figures as depicted on the Steve Barber website (in all their professionally painted glory).  In this post, dear readers, you can see them in raw form (you will note that I am squarely in the white-primer camp).  
Infantry Advancing in Kepis: these are destined to become one unit of "Red Caps" and one unit of "White Caps"

Infantry in Fur Caps: there will be one unit of these unique fellows.
The newly released officers advancing with sword will provide the leader figures for these new units. 
 
It is particularly gratifying to be working on figures that I commissioned (the infantry in kepis and the officer variants--the fellows in the fur caps are also a new release, but I didn't commission them).  It seems as though things will be settling down into a more normal pattern again (fingers crossed), and I'll be able to return to my usual routine of getting some painting done each day.  If that holds, I should be posting the finished product within two weeks.  
Excelsior!

12 comments:

  1. Pretty neat to paint a line of figures that you commissioned! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. ...we'll have to see if all those hungarian knots break me before I finish!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonathan, encouragement from the blogosphere helps !

      Delete
  4. Lovely Ed. Nice to see your commissioned miniatures on the painting table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very tidy painting desk you have there....
    I don’t think I’ve seen the surface of mine for six months...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say that the law of entropy has been at work on my painting desk since that nice image was taken :)

      Delete
  6. Nice figures and nice to see you head towards all those Hungarian knots! I've tried white and black and now I'm onto grey, whatever works for you I guess.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the fur cap guys finished.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...