Wednesday, August 17, 2022

BLOODY BIG BATTLES ALTERNATIVE ASSAULT PROCESS...AND THE COVID

 

Not much to look at, but it's what I've managed...

Greetings, all.  I thought I'd do a quick update given that it's been awhile and to move the face of this blog back to toy soldiers and away from complaining about the blogger platform.  Although there's not much to tell and no eye candy, I recently posted a new resource on my Bloody Big Battles resource page of this blog (image above). It's an alternative assault process that we use in our group. It doesn't alter the outcome; it simply arrives at the final difference via a different process than that described in the rules. We find this fits more with how we're used to tallying modifiers: each player rolls the dice and then goes through the modifiers  independently. The steps are outlined on the reference.  For those who might be interested, the pdf is available for download on the BBB resources page (follow the link above and scroll down to #3A on that page). 

The dreaded--but seemingly inevitable--double lines. 

In other news, although it has been a heroic defense, the COVID finally managed to breach the walls of Fortress Meanderer (I suspect treachery).  First the wife came down with it, and after five days I thought I might have dodged that bullet, but it was not to be.  Just as her isolation period was ending, I tested positive. And shortly thereafter the symptoms became more pronounced.  The fact that we developed it serial-fashion like this doubled the disruption period. In short, August has basically been gutted. We're both out of the woods now, thankfully, and neither case required anything more than home care.  Having said that, I was basically unproductive for a week.  I'm feeling normal again, and looking forward to soon being outside the window of concern for others and back in circulation--not that I go out that much, but I'll be able to return to face to face gaming!

Excelsior!

14 comments:

  1. I’ve had Covid recently, worse than my first lot in January, but can’t really complain. Glad you are both moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alan: still getting that hiccup with your posts (can't figure out why).

      Delete
  2. Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about COVID but good news that you both are on the way to recovery. 2-1/2 years into the pandemic, Nancy and I remain untouched but we have watched others go down around us. Hopefully, it has passed over our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This latest BA-5 variant doesn't seem to respect the fact that we were both up to date on vaccination and boosters (but I reckon that kept it from becoming severe, which is something).

      Delete
  4. Ed, sorry to hear that you and your wife had the Covid. Glad it wasn't bad and you both are ok now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark. Appreciate the sentiment. I know that you're still dealing with the after effects of your accident and hope things continue to progress for you as well!

      Delete
  5. TREACHERY!!!
    Sorry that you guys have been sick. Thankfully it sounds like the symptoms were mild. Glad you and wife are recovered. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stew. I guess it had to come around eventually. At least it was a shared experience (that's what marriage is all about).

      Delete
  6. It’s good to hear that you are over the Covid Ed…
    My daughter has just caught it as well even though cases in the U.K. are dropping every day… she has it fairly mild though.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes that your daughter comes through without complications or feeling worse. And fingers crossed that we may still have COVID around but that we've seen the last of these big surges.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to read you succumbed to the plague, Ed. So far, three quarters of our household has escaped....my wife had it after our trip to Queenstown in May, as reported at the time, but the rest of us have avoided it so far. She obviously has a different view of marriage and didn't share with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Keith: let's hope that you continue to come up sixes on your COVID rolls until this thing finally recedes into background noise!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...